We are a multi-chain NFT Platform, pushing boundaries on Solana, Ethereum, Polygon, and Bitcoin! Our mission is to be a destination for discovery, self-expression, and ownership across digital cultures. Working at Magic Eden is a chance to dig in deep and to grow. We embrace fear, show up for each other with empathy and care, and embody a build-first culture. We ship first, improve always. We’re backed by Sequoia, Paradigm, Electric Capital, Lightspeed Ventures and many more.
Our love for NFTs created a deep desire and long-run mission: mass adoption. We want to bring NFTs to people’s everyday life and onboard the next billion users to the blockchain. To do that, we want to cover the ecosystem at large, regardless of chains! We believe Magic Eden will be the default destination for creators and collectors on web3.
We're looking for a Product Counsel to join the legal team at Magic Eden. As a Product Counsel, you will advise on legal matters around risk analysis, product design, and a host of novel issues in crypto and NFT law and who is passionate about the crypto space. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, providing legal advice and support to ensure that our products comply with applicable laws and regulations while also promoting innovation.
- Stay abreast of global regulatory developments related to cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology
- Advise on securities law matters, and startup corporate governance and financing matters. Review, draft and negotiate related legal documents and contracts.
- Provide legal guidance on compliance with financial regulations (including Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering), securities laws, data protection laws, and other relevant statutes
- Partner closely with product, engineering, and marketing teams to facilitate the successful launch of new products.
- Identify and assess legal risks associated with new products and features.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies to protect the company's interests
- Address legal considerations related to the security of cryptocurrencies and NFT platforms, including data protection compliance
- Collaborate with cybersecurity teams to enhance the overall security posture of our blockchain solutions
- 3+ Years of experience as a practicing attorney in the United States
- Proven experience in providing legal support for product development and launches.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory frameworks surrounding blockchain and crypto assets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate legal advice to non-legal stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to issue-spot and assess legal risks and develop effective strategies to mitigate those risks
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving environment
- Strong negotiation and contract drafting skills
- Familiarity with international legal frameworks related to cryptocurrencies is a plus
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school.
Pay & Benefits:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Flexible PTO, 7 company holidays and 4 floating holidays
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Wellness and work from home allowance
- Remote-first company
- 401k plan (in the US)
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. The base salary range for this role is $160,000 - $180,000. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Magic Eden’s equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Magic Eden
Magic Eden is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Magic Eden believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Magic Eden also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Magic Eden’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
This employer participates in E-Verify.