Senior Data Scientist
We are a multi-chain NFT Platform, pushing boundaries on Solana, Ethereum, Polygon, and Bitcoin! Our mission is to be a destination for discovery, self-expression, and ownership across digital cultures. Working at Magic Eden is a chance to dig in deep and to grow. We embrace fear, show up for each other with empathy and care, and embody a build-first culture. We ship first, improve always. We’re backed by Sequoia, Paradigm, Electric Capital, Lightspeed Ventures and many more.
Our love for NFTs created a deep desire and long-run mission: mass adoption. We want to bring NFTs to people’s everyday life and onboard the next billion users to the blockchain. To do that, we want to cover the ecosystem at large, regardless of chains! We believe Magic Eden will be the default destination for creators and collectors on web3.
We're looking for a Senior Data Scientist who can lead Data Science for an area within the company and who can work independently on complex questions.
- Lead Data Science projects and strategy for an area within Magic Eden through close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders (Engineering, Product, Design, Business)
- Conduct analysis to inform (product) strategy and evaluate product improvements
- Present analysis findings and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders and/or executives
- Develop and measure metrics to monitor company and area performance
- Mentor team members and develop resources and processes to increase the efficiency of the Data Science and Analytics team
What you bring:
- 6+ years of industry experience in Data Science and Analytics
- Advanced SQL skills and proficient with one or more scripting languages (Python, R)
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experience designing and analyzing A/B experiments
- Experience leading data science projects from start to finish
- Asks the hard questions and can prioritize to work on highest impact projects
- Proven ability to influence the company’s (product) strategy with your findings
- Experience working closely with Product and Engineering teams
- Experience mentoring team members or leading a team is a plus
Pay & Benefits:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Flexible PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Wellness and work from home allowance
- Remote-first company
- 401k plan (in the US)
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. The base salary range for this role is $180,000-$220,000. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Magic Eden’s equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Magic Eden
Magic Eden is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Magic Eden believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Magic Eden also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Magic Eden’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
This employer participates in E-Verify.