Director, BD & Partnerships
Links is a global, digital golf membership designed for the modern golfer. We’re partnered with some of the biggest names in golf like Callaway, Bridgestone, Topgolf, Arccos, Bettinardi, and Puma. Our mission is to enable all golfers to experience the best that golf has to offer, both on and off the course. Our membership gives golfers access to benefits, perks, and amazing golf experiences.
As a Director of Business Development & Strategic Partnerships, you will be responsible for growing and bringing strategic partnerships to Links by building long-term relationships with new and existing partners. You will source new partnerships through cold outreach,networking, attending events, and marketing inbound requests. You will ideate and create win-win partnership proposals within the sales process while nurturing and expanding key existing relationships and acting as a point of contact for designated accounts. You will support marketing functions in co-marketing programs that leverage partners and/or strategic alliances. This position also requires work golf to be played frequently, while having a great time with our partners at some of the best events in the golf world. Somebody has to do it, might as well be you.
- Grow & bring strategic partnerships to Links by building long-term relationships with the best brands in golf, leisure and travel
- Source new partnerships through cold outreach, attending events, and marketing inbound requests.
- Ideate and create win-win partnership proposals within the sales process.
- Nurture and expand key existing relationships and act as a point of contact for designated accounts.
- Work with brands on marketing-driven partnership initiatives (influencer/content/brand/event-related partners).
- Support marketing functions in co-marketing programs that leverage partners and/or strategic alliances.
- Manage key marketing partnership accounts/individuals (main point of contact).
- Help to craft on-brand marketing communication material and content for our partners.
- Coordinate with Partnerships, Marketing & Operations teams to conceptualize partnership strategies that leverage Links’ value proposition/support the achievement of revenue targets.
- Conduct research to identify new partners that fit the Links ecosystem demographics/wants/needs.
- Develop & execute partnership strategies to drive customer acquisition and revenue growth.
- Support VP of Partnership in sales meetings, presenting proposals, and representing Links partnerships at events/conferences/meetings.
- Manage partnerships/BizDev processes including proposal development, backend CRM organization, and contract reviews.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (pre-existing rolodex is a big advantage)
- Proven ability to establish and grow partnerships with a track record of successful deals
- Experience in developing and executing partnership strategies to drive customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Previous experience in the golf industry is strongly preferred
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, self-driven and team-oriented startup environment
- Self-starter that thrives in a startup environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and analyze trends
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with partners
- Strategic thinker with the ability to ideate and create win-win partnership proposals
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with strong organizational skills
This job may require occasional travel, up to 25% of the time
Something looks off?