Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
Juno Finance is a fintech company that offers the most powerful checking account, providing customers with an easy way to earn 5% on cash and instant access to digital assets. Our platform is designed to enhance the financial experience for individuals who want to do more with their checking accounts.
Juno has raised $23 million across seed and Series A from top investors like Sequoia, Polychain, Dragonfly, Jump, ParaFi, among others.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at Juno, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality and reliability of our product through manual and automation testing. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including software developers, quality assurance (QA) engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders, to implement effective automation testing strategies and deliver high-quality software. You will collaborate closely with the development team and other stakeholders to identify, document, and report defects, as well as verify bug fixes and ensure the overall functionality and usability of our applications.
What will you do?
- Develop and execute test cases, test plans, and test scripts based on project requirements and specifications.
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts and frameworks using industry-standard tools such as Selenium, Appium, or similar technologies .
- Write efficient and scalable code to automate functional, integration, and regression testing of web applications, APIs, and/or mobile applications.
- Execute automated tests and analyze test results to validate software functionality. Identify deviations from expected outcomes and communicate findings to the relevant stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot and debug test failures to identify root causes and provide recommendations for issue resolution.
- Identify, document, and track software defects using defect tracking tools like JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Stay updated with the latest automation and manual testing techniques, tools, and industry trends, and proactively contribute to the improvement of automation testing processes, methodologies, and best practices.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of test plans, test cases, test data, and automation scripts for reference and audit purposes. Update documentation as needed to reflect changes in requirements, software updates, or process improvements.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured functional, system, and regression test plans and test cases.
- Develop and troubleshoot automated test scripts to validate the technical and functional integrity of web and mobile-based application components, backend API, and reports.
- Developing and executing test plans and test cases for both manual and automated testing.
- Identifying, analyzing, and reporting defects and working with development teams to resolve them.
- Collaborating with other teams within the organization to ensure that testing activities are aligned with overall business goals.
What will you need?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience in software testing, manual testing methodologies and automation testing using tools like Appium, Selenium.
- Experience with testing web applications, APIs, and/or mobile applications on different platforms (e.g., Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android).
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum) and software testing concepts (e.g., test design, test types, test levels).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly articulate and report test results and issues to cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, and manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Professional certifications in software testing, such as ISTQB or CSTE, are a plus.