Altered State Machine
Futureverse is a technological and cultural foundation for the open metaverse where creators, companies and communities conjure their future.
A merger rolling up thriving metaverse companies into one collaborative ecosystem, with the united goal of improving the web3 and Open Metaverse experience. This ecosystem, Futureverse, is the culmination of strategy, research and development to create the foundation for an open and scalable metaverse infrastructure with world-class content and a highly engaged community.
Our vision is to enable every human to create the worlds they imagine. We are not building the future. You are.
As Principal Engineer you will have deep experience and expertise in designing and delivering solutions using modern software engineering practices and cloud technologies. You will be working side-by-side to build innovative solutions with your team. You'll oversee the research, development, and design of engineering projects for Futureverse.
- Mentor and coach other Developers across the team, sharing your expertise and learning from them too.
- Be a great teammate to actively help other Developers become stronger problem solvers, architects, communicators, and collaborators.
- Direct the technical landscape and provide innovative solutions.
- Your daily responsibilities will be a mixture of a Principal Engineer, Technical Architect.
- Work with a cross-functional, agile teams to understand and refine functional requirements
- Work with engineering leaders from other teams to unblock issues impacting the delivery of your team and ensure high code quality.
- Be a hands-on Software Developer where needed, so you’ll need to be able to write quality code.
- Embrace a growth mindset, inspire excellence, and encourage everyone to share their unique viewpoints.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring of engineering staff to ensure efficient accomplishment of goals and objectives. Serves as a mentor and fosters internal growth as it relates to engineering capabilities within the organization.
- Partner with management to assist in recruiting, hiring, training, and employee performance evaluations as required.
- Champion software development and architecture best practices to ensure the highest quality standards and promote them with other Developers.
- Actively take part in all major technical and ways of working discussions and decisions taking place in the team.
- 3+ years’ experience leading, advising & mentoring engineering teams.
- 10+ years’ of software development experience.
- 3+ years’ of hands-on system design experience.
- Strong attention to detail, striving for the best quality, clean, and readable code.
- Strong software engineering background.
- Excellent understanding of systems thinking and technical design to deliver end-to-end solutions.
- Proficiency with front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, and TypeScript.
- Experience with React, NextJS & GraphQL.
- Proficiency with back-end languages and frameworks such as NodeJS,Python, Scala.
- An understanding of functional programming concepts and their practical application.
- Familiarity with AWS technology such as Lambda, DynamoDB, Kinesis,API Gateway and AppSync.
- Experience with DevOps practice, CI/CD, trunk-based development, feature flagging and automated testing for low-risk continuous deployment.
- An understanding of infrastructure as code principles and confidence with HashiCorp Terraform or AWS CloudFormation.
- Strong communication skills and highly effective when working with a team.
- We are only considering applicants based in New Zealand or Australia.
We're a great place to work at
- Experienced and wickedly talented team and growing
- Modern offices just off bustling K-road
- Venture funded by a consortium of leading crypto investors… and more every day
- Recent Series A funding - $54 million
- Real work-life balance
We can offer
- Great variety (no two days are the same)
- Exciting international projects
- Engaging with global AAA gaming companies, game platforms and investors
- The right salary
- The chance to be part of the next generation of the internet… the decentralised Metaverse
If you enjoy being around creative people who are pushing the limits of design and technology, we want to hear from you!
For more information on Futureverse please visit https://www.futureverse.com/
Futureverse embraces inclusivity and celebrates diversity. We are committed to providing a fair, equal and unbiased environment for our people and community. Our values include being open-minded, open-hearted and open-doored.
We’re constantly on the lookout for great people who can help shape the future of the open metaverse with us.
We know applicants may not apply to roles if they don't tick all of the requirements, but please don't let this stop you. If you believe you have the values, skillset and ambition to help us put humans at the centre of the internet, we’d love to hear from you.